Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

6/09/2013

Washer/Dryer Pedestal

Posted by vanashke001

I have had my washer and dryer stacked since I got them a couple years ago. I have never really liked them like that but the cost of the snazzy pedestals that the manufacturer makes are stupid expensive. I've seen lots of how-to's online and finally decided I'd make my own.
The Supplies

(click to embiggen)

A couple of 2x10s (I wanted it to be as close to 12" tall as possible) a 5/8s" piece of plywood, wood glue and tons of screws later. 
The view from the top



From the bottom (I went to town on the 2x10s- I wanted it as solid as possible.)

Then I added the stainless flashing (which you can also see in the above photos) and I grabbed my drill and a wire brush and did some fun swirl action on it
  

Next I framed it out with some 4" trim that I painted black. Hey, when you have a theme...

 And, the final product, (ignore my poor tiles, and yes, I know I'm gonna have to move those heavy ass machines and pedestal all over again when I fix them. I just don't know how to do the tile yet and I honestly didn't realize how big it really would wind up being. I overestimated the size I needed but I figured it was safer to be too big than too small.)

And there you have it. I'm happy with them and all told it was about $100 a pretty good bargain if you ask me. Just one of those pedestals is $299. I don't have storage in this but I have a few shelves so I think I'm okay with that.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Mike! Love it!

Post a Comment