Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

12/28/2009

Anagram a Cris Cot

Posted by vanashke001

Try as I might I just have a hard time getting past this damn revelation that a friend has no
respect for the sanctity of his relationship and has decided to cheat on the person he's with.
Even though I don't know all the particulars of what is going on it seems so shitty to do this.
Never mind that there are two sides to every story I just have a difficult time accepting it.
The gay community has been fighting to have the right to marry just like everyone else. It's
only right that they cheat just like the straight community does as well, I suppose.
Now studies have shown that 50-60% of men cheat on their spouse at one time or another. Of

course that would mean that in a gay relationship 100% of the philanderer's are men. duh
However, it is still just a downer to me, as a person who has not been fortunate enough to
enter into a long term relationship, that someone who is in one can shit on it so willingly.
As far as what that means to me, not a lot. I don't try to pass judgements but let's be honest
to be cheated on has to suck, and to have other people know about it when you don't has to
entirely suck in such a much more extreme way.
Don't cheat people, if you aren't that much into your partner, move on don't fuck around
on your partner and disrespect the relationship and what it stands for.
No one will ever take gay marriage seriously if we can't prove that it really is that precious. I
don't assume that all relationships are perfect, gay or other wise. But while we are under the
all powerful religious right's microscope of what is right and what is wrong biblically, we can't
very well expect to prove our point that love is love regardless of gender.
I hope that some day I will be fortunate enough to get into a relationship with that
one person who I will want to bind myself to for as long as we both shall live.
No matter what goes on with these two, I hope I can do that. I hope I have that chance.

2 comments:

cariesthoughts said...

Amen Sista!

Unknown said...

Ditto... but who has gotten you so wound up? I know you have felt this way, but someone close must have done this very thing. Hmmmm Who do I know...

Post a Comment