Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

7/12/2010

Old n Busted, meet the New Hotness

Posted by vanashke001

Well, I have to say I am quite lucky. Went to catch a movie, the craptastic Airbender, and once we got to the theater my friend pointed out my rear tire on my motorcycle. I had noticed before that my tire was getting a little bare and would need to be replaced, but I had NO idea.


Note the lovely belts showing through on the left. Apparently, I take a lot of left hand turns.
I have had belts show on cars but we're talking about 4000 pounds of metal and glass that protects you from most injuries you can get when you suffer a blow out. Not so much on a 600 lb motorcycle.
I nursed Pandora home (didn't go to the movie, I might watch it someday but it turns out it was only in 3D there, not gonna watch it in that for sure) and hit the interwebs for a suitable replacement and I happened on this fabulousness.

I don't have a Lambo but I can ride on the same tires. They are called Pirelli Angel STs. (note the angel embossed in the tread- apparently AGAIN? stupid word it goes away after 650 miles and becomes the "demon" ooooo. Had excellent reviews! And with the fancy-factor, I'm on!
My original tires, Bridgestone BT021 Battlax barely made 5000 miles. These are hopefully good for 7500. (From what I have read that's pretty good for a motorcycle)
So I made it home, no crashing, no blowouts and I'm excited for my new shoes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HOLY CRAP! Mike's a NASCAR driver!

Chris

Unknown said...

I also wonder if your tire alignment was off...

Post a Comment