Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

3/31/2011

Eau de What the Hell did you roll in?

Posted by vanashke001

The "oh so wise" Jared of Spin Off raised an excellent point today, the offense of people who marinate in their cologne but seem blissfully unaware that it might smell less offensive than their poop and/or b.o. but is still offensive just the same.
But, the real question on my mind, (raised because we have a couple of offenders here) is what about those that stink, but not of any man-made stink-pretty that they delightfully douse themselves with like it's essence of "come get me", but with straight up ass stench?
I mean, sure your eyes water and maybe you sneeze a few times. But come on! That's a tiptoe through the tulips of olfactory heaven compared to people that simply do not bathe or wash their clothes/socks/body/hair who seem intent upon assaulting our delicate noses with their fragrant noxiousness.
Could it be that some people are just unaware of it? Or are we just manufacturing excuses for them to make ourselves feel better about the fact that we are sissies and afraid to point out their hygienic failures?
Also, why is it that the people this type of comment is aimed for always falls on deaf ears? I had an associate who reeked, but I could think of no tactful way to bring it to her attention. So I just mentioned it in a meeting and blamed a "customer complaint" for the issue being raised. I mentioned no names and pointed no fingers. I should have! The person in question was completely oblivious. Instead, another girl piped up (mind you, someone that NO ONE had complained about) and said it was probably her because she, "had a fungus that the doctor gave her medication for that smells really bad and she got it cuz she didn't bathe enough." *big eyes! OMG really? and it wasn't even about her!
The other girl *ahem Justine just nodded and continued to come to work smelling like (insert some famous sports dude of which I have no idea) after a six hour (insert practice/game/ whatever the hell it is that famous sports dude of which I have no idea would be doing that would make him smell) and a lengthy roll in dog shit (just for good measure).
So take note people. Sniff your underarms, check your feet, and for god's sake look around you, if people are breathing shallowly it's probably you! Don't let yourself be forever referred to in hush tones and covered noses as, "That (insert offending person's name here)" because you are only referred to as "That (person)" for negative reasons. Unless of course it is followed by, "is a funny bastard". as in, "that Mike is a funny bastard." Then it's all good. or so I am told.
*sniff-sniff
yeah, I think I'm okay.

2 comments:

Jdizzle said...

A few ways to get this point across are:
1. Ask "What perfume/cologne are you wearing?" If the answer is none, then reply with, "Well, you should be." If they give you some obscene name of a perfume/cologne, reply with, "Well, try another kind."
2. Light a match as they walk by.
3. Slash their tires, at this point they just don't get it and why should you be the only one to suffer.

Unknown said...

Rofl.

Post a Comment