Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

5/16/2011

Bathroom in Process

Posted by vanashke001

Woo Hoo, what a fun weekend!

The roomies helped me paint the downstairs bathroom to make it look much better. Thanks to both Connie and Corey (he was our self-described "supervisor"- a position he is aching to add to his resume) for all their assistance.

Corey also helped me tried to cut off my toe remove the lame damn shower stall doors (you know, I get it when you buy stuff from yard sales or what-have-you, but at least see if they fit properly first) and replace them with a nice curtain. It is so much easier now to access the shower, I forget how much of a pain those doors really were.

2011-05-16_08-36-53_23.jpg

Unfortunately I discovered that I have to rework my awning again. sigh Let this be a lesson to everyone, that trying to make it easier on yourself by using preformed concrete piers instead of pouring concrete for posts, is not the way to go. Now I have to add some 2x4 rafters because my frame is bowing from the tension on the cables. Should be an easy fix. But like everything else on this thing... we'll see.

Well thanks again roomies for the help!

And Saturday night I got to help a good friend see his way into his 40s. It's a dreadful time of life, but the party for it was a ball. There were some good people and some total train wrecks. Happily the two were not necessarily exclusive. lol And any party that has arrests, is usually a good party. *wink wink

1 comments:

Corey Wilkey said...

thats better! i'm not mad anymore :)

Post a Comment