Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

6/02/2011

New Seating!

Posted by vanashke001

A few months ago I happened upon a couch at Boulevard Home Furnishings (Blvd) that I fell in love with. This was kind of strange since I've always had a low opinion of Blvd based on three things, I felt they were overpriced, cheaply made, and almost exclusively traditional in style. But I was wanting to try and get a new couch or sectional and I hit all the other places in town (mostly with Connie in tow, poor kid. lol) and though I had seen some that I liked, none of them "spoke to me" shall we say.


So without much hope I surrendered and went to Blvd just to see what I might find. Most suspicions were borne out not long after walking through the doors. Most of the furniture was extremely traditional in design and style and the ones I did see that I somewhat liked were very expensive. (of course)

Then as I was walking down the main aisle I saw this vision of a dream, a sectional of contemporary design that literally stopped me in my tracks. I was like, oh. mah. god. I have found my holy grail. lol. Not quite. While it seemed to avoid two of the aforementioned expectations: cheaply made and traditional, it did not avoid possibly the most important, it was EXPENSIVE (to me.), $3000 for the set. *big eyes!
Since I prefer paying in cash, it was not gonna happen until I did some saving, and that was gonna take a while. With a sigh I surrendered the fantasy.

Then over the Memorial Day holiday I decided to see what else they might have to offer.
And voila, there is was and it was almost half off! Only $1700! To say I was excited would be accurate. I still didn't have the cash, but I decided to again leave it up to fate (it served me well thus far, eh?) I decided to go ahead and finance it. If I got financing so be it, if not, so be it. Well I got it. yay! 12 months no interest.

The only snag... one piece was missing (thanks a hell of a lot Fitness Ridge, you just had to make your set two couches instead of a love seat/ couch combo. psh) So, the good news, it was actually even cheaper(!), $1400, but bad news, it was not the coveted couch/love seat configuration anymore, it was more, love seat/love seat. blah.

But I decided to heck with it. I have the financing, I love the look and all things considered what were the chances I find something I like as much. (also, it matches my dining set.)

So I bought it and it was delivered on Tuesday. Two things occurred to me upon its arrival: it's massive (things are always so much smaller on the showroom) and I wasn't sure if the dual love seat thing was going to work for me. And maybe it's not quite as comfortable as I thought. hmmm

But after living with it for a while and trying a few different arrangements in my living room I think I like it. I really love the look, I wish it had armrests near the table, but meh...

So without further ado, behold the Square1... (click images to embiggen, as always)




oh, before anyone opines that I should check online for a source to get the missing piece, I have exhausted that avenue. Apparently Emerald Furniture (the manufacturer) has discontinued it so I am not able to locate any additional pieces. booo But I have told Blvd that if they manage to get another piece to let me know. I've also written the manufacturer to see if they can provide me with another source. *fingers crossed.
Thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment