Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

6/17/2010

Missed Opportunities

Posted by vanashke001

Sometimes I confuse the hell out of myself.

Allow me to explain,
Waaaaay back when in oh, 2009, I was introduced to someone by close friends and I was still getting over the bitterness I had of the last time I opened myself up to awesomeness.

My reluctance, I feel, was understandable, but oh the things I missed when I finally opened up and allowed myself to experience just how great this person was. Funny, witty, insightful with charm and a wicked sense of humor and the ability to reduce someone to tears with a simple turn of phrase. Oh, how I love this kid.

I was new to this whole thing, having denied myself the chance to enjoy this from the get go. But it's hard, you try coming out when I did and not be so obvious and cliché in the things you enjoy. So yes, damnit, yes, I was filled with trepidation and fear.

Is it too late? Have I screwed myself over and made it so I cannot ever have this person in my life? They are so important and could complete me. Hopefully they will read this post and see my sincerity in realizing what I missed and my honest desire to try and make amends.

Thanks to torrents and DVD I think I can.

Sue Sylvester, I love you and I'm sorry. But the sting of the cancellation of Arrested Development was just so hard. And my acknowledging that I could like and yes, enjoy, a musical based show meant admitting that I am THAT gay.sue

You know, something else that makes me feel a little bitter about TV is the honest desire to include others and introduce them to great shows. Yes, I am talking to you mr. J-rock! Let me count the ways you fucker punk. Arrested Development (have you even finished it yet?) Battlestar Galactica (made it through the mini series movie, but the series, nope) and now Modern Family. Gah.

Do you know how much it sucks when you enjoy a show so much and you know someone else would and you want to talk with them about it, but instead all you hear coming from their room is moaning "By the power of Greyskull!" or the insipid title music from the frakkin (see how I did that, worked in a reference to BSG? awesome!) Gummi Bears. did they really make a show about them? For fuck's sake they're candy! This is what we have to thank the mid 80's early 90's for, cartoons about CANDY. (ixnay on the rawberrystay ortecakeshay)

Anyhoo, J-rock, put down the lube, wipe the image of He-Man and his flowing golden locks and pumping pecs and abs and queue up some Modern Family. I guarantee you'll like it. Maybe not as much as Sue Sylvester (swoon) likes sweatsuits, but you will like it.
Next up, BSG.

0 comments:

Post a Comment