Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

8/22/2010

Kolob

Posted by vanashke001

Went up to Kolob this past weekend. I have never been there, but after seeing it I want to go again and again. I really have to question why the hell I bought a house when I could have gotten a ratty old trailer and stuck it up on a lot here instead. You can recharge in this kind of beauty. I might could also talk my brother into coming to visit with views like this. (oh and the less than sun-surface temperatures help.)
The image below is looking into Zion Canyon from Lava Point Overlook (as always, click to embiggen)

Like a fool I shined on taking my camera so I am stuck with these craptastic shots I took with my phone. And to top that off I could only take a few because the battery died. grrr
The image below is one of a couple I took at the cabin we were at. Thank you Claudia Bradshaw for hosting us 'mos for your annual PFLAG bbq. Why I never went before I don't know.

The shot below is directly from her back yard looking to the northeast

This shot is to the southeast
Man, so much beauty and the smell of the trees and grasses, just marvelous. To get away from the heat of St. George was such a needed respite. I would go again in a hot minute. I am packing up a tent and heading up at the first chance.

1 comments:

Corey Wilkey said...

love it! love you! i will be there next time! Promise!

Post a Comment