Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

8/06/2010

New Mantle!

Posted by vanashke001

I attacked my fireplace yet again. I wanted to have a mantle so I could decorate it. So, I ran to my local Home Depot, and grabbed a shelf and some brackets and a piece of wood, along with a nifty new jigsaw and set to work.
This is what I had the first morning, I think I made pretty good headway.
And voila, this morning, 2 days after starting I have made Mantle!
I wonder if it stands out enough really. It just looks like my stuff is floating on the fireplace now.
Opinions? I thought about maybe banding the front edge with stainless just to make it stand out more. (as always- click pix to embiggen)

1 comments:

Katie said...

Mike I love it! It's so you, you've done such a good job with your new home!

Post a Comment