Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

7/08/2009

Noobie be taller

Posted by vanashke001

Well it's done. Mostly.
I'll tell ya, that was not the easiest bit of wrenching I've ever done. More than once I had to lift myself off of the floor and go chase after a wrench I threw out of frustration. Can I say with any confidence that I'll never attempt such a job again? No. In the end it was sort of fun, if exasperating, but I always like be able to say, "I did it myself." Oh and I'm cheap- saved
$400 I did. So far anyway, as long as nothing has to be fixed cuz I screwed it up. lol.
I think that Jared, as much as he acts like he supports me, kept waiting, maybe hoping, to see my Jeep fall on me. That bastard is always trying to knock me off, for one he could have the house to himself and secondly, he's just trying to get himself higher on the Q-list. Yes, it is true I am higher up, but he just needs to learn to cope. Let's face it though, it gives everyone a little giggle to watch someone fail. (hence all the websites dedicated to it) Especially if it's on an epic scale. And having one's chest crushed by a disc brake can be counted as epic I think.
Fortunately, I have avoided the ignominy of having my Jeep destroy me. yay.
Mucho thanks to Jason for all his help. Total lifesaver that one is.
After getting the lift and tires on we went for a spin and promptly turned right back around after experiencing the "death wobble". That's some scary stuff kiddies!
Dropped it off at Big-O on Tuesday and all seems well though I do have somewhat of a slight vibration going. Trying to sort that one out now.
All in all I am quite happy with the experience and the outcome. Let me know what you all think.








Before

After: note the top of the garage





Sorry about the lighting I will get a better picture later. Now he needs a paint job!

2 comments:

cariesthoughts said...

Your jeep looks SO hot now!
... well it did before.. not its just extra hot!

Jdizzle said...

Please stop kidding yourself with thinking you are higher up on the list. Your jeep was lifted, not your status.

Post a Comment