Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

7/14/2009

Rentals and Poop

Posted by vanashke001

So my good friend Jason (whom you've seen me mention before in this fancy thing I call a blog) works for a major rental company, I won't type their name but it rhymes with Shertz, and I sometimes tag along when he has to swap out cars. Let me tell you pretties, people are pigs.
WHAT THE F**K is it with people that they think that since they don't own something they don't have to take care of it?
This I see is true in many arenas of public consumption. Those of you familiar with my blog might have read my posting on guys who leave poop behind in public toilets so that everyone can bask in the glow of their rectal effluence. I am of a mind that people who rent cars and hotels rooms and trash them are the very same people who smear things on bathroom walls and leave "presents" behind. Mens and Womens.
But really, I went with Jason and we got in one minivan that needed a little work done on it and went down to Vegas to trade it for another one. Well the first MV was bad enough. It smelled funky and there was food stashed around in it. when I say funky, I mean like spoiled milk. I don't know if Mommy Minivan was nursing or what but, danggg. So we suffered through that little trip. I will admit I complained the whole way down. I am just completely baffled by how people can be so slovenly and lazy.
I worked as a maid a couple of summers and (yes, it's true and as gay as it might be, I was a fast ho-mo-fo when it came to making beds: less than a 2 minutes bitches! hootie hoo) the worst rooms were not the ones that a bunch of teeneagers threw a raging party in (okay they were but it was close) it was mostly families that made the biggest messes. This is not to say ALL families are like that. This is not a, families make messes therefore all messes are made by families, sense of logic. I can understand that mom has to pick up after the kids 24/7 at home and they deserve a break too. But that doesn't give a person carte blanche to be a pig.
So back to the MV. I thought the first one was bad, it was nothing compared to the second. The only saving grace from the second was that it didn't smell as funky.
This is from their website; in a Toyota Sienna there are a total of 14 drink holders: 10 labled as Cup Holders 4 labled as Bottle Holders Every time I am in a minivan with that many holders I am astounded that they would ever be a need for all of them. Guess what, this mini-van filled all of them and then some. We cleaned out the MV before we left because we couldn't even get in! There were 3 on the floor in front of the front passenger seat alone. When we cleaned it out we counted 27 bottles and to-go cups. 27! We then found 3 more when we were folding down the seats!
There were bags full of food; chips, cereal, granola bars. Old take-out containers with goo running out of the sides and just random gross crap. Foot prints up on the passenger side of the dashboard
, the type that doesn't just leave footprints but scuffs and tears in the covering that doesn't buff out. (this is a pet peeve of mine- seriously, someone explain this to me. Is this a hold over of having their feet up in stirrups for gyno exams and child birth that women feel this need to put their feet up on the dash board of any car they get into? I'm not trying to be misogynistic but in my experience it has always been someone of the female persuasion that does this. Ask around, it doesn't take but a toe to hit my dash before I am pulling out my keister stashed shiv and shanking a chick if she tries to put her feet on my dash.)
I was informed by jason that this is a common sight. I just don't get it. Maybe I am paranoid, but I always clean the hotel room before I leave, yes I make the bed, and I always clean out cars I rent as well. I guess it's because I always assumed that somewhere someone was standing with a clipboard and clucking and tutting over every little bit of dirt or scuff I left behind.
Perhaps it was all for naught and I could have just tore some shit up with equanimity.
I don't know that I will ever shake this feeling that the same people that trash hotel rooms and rental cars share DNA with poop leavers and people who scream and carry on in Wal-Mart at the service desk when they return an item they bought at Stein-Mart. Flush it, clean it, take it back where you got it, this world is not just yours to treat as a cesspool of your disregard.
Show some respect. You might be surprised to see it returned. But I know that those of you that do this will likely never read this blog and if you do you will either assume I am talking about "other people" or you simply won't give a shit.

5 comments:

Mama Tan said...

Here here, Noobie For President!!!

Unknown said...

I concur with Brit tan! HOOTIE HOO!
But seriously, that MV wasn't even bad compared to some of the shiz cars that I've had to clean lately... Let me tell you sista friend... People are SLOBS when it comes to something that isn't theirs. Pisses me right the F off. I'm the same as you and generally take care of things before I give it back or make someone else come in to clean up after me... Psshhhhh.

Jdizzle said...

I know you are talking about other people in this blog and not me, but 27 bottles? PSH! That's child's play. I have more water bottles in my car than that. No world record for them. Mwahahaha!

Katie said...

Holy Cow! I agree with you. That is crazy.

Heidi Anderson said...

Great Post. What's funny is...my own car gets trashed..by me and my kids...I admit it...but I can't stand leaving a mess in a hotel room or a rental car. It's NOT MINE!(I was a maid too...AND I've traveled a lot for work so...many rental cars). And yes...I agree with you...the poop leavers have GOT to be the same people. @#$$%!!

Post a Comment