Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

7/02/2009

Yep that one will fit

Posted by vanashke001

So last night after getting in from Vegas and getting my fabu parts I couldn't wait and decided to install my Edge Trail-Jammer.
I had a moment of concern on the way home after climbing into the back of the mini-van over my tires because I couldn't wait and wanted to at least look at my goodies- with Jason being ever so helpful weaving back and forth to make my already precarious trek even more so- I grabbed a couple boxes and made my way back and noticed one said something about being compatible with 2003-2004 models. I have a 1998. I called 4WD Hardware and spoke with Dan who felt it was all good; the part numbers were right etc.
I got home and pulled off my throttle body and intake and slapped the new one on. Went for a spin, AWESOME! A little noisy perhaps, it really sucks the air in now, and you can definitely feel a power improvement.
Went to put the power module on and guess what, yes, wrong part; the harness wouldn't match. GAH! That would be the difference between the 97-02 and the 03-04. So I will have to wait to see what that part of the kit does for me. Oh well. I'll have to call Dan again in the morning. At least I can still drive it.

edit. talked to Dan. no worries as soon as I can get to Vegas again he can just swap me out. whew. I thought I'd have to take the whole thing off again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment