Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

7/28/2009

Still Fighting

Posted by vanashke001

Tragically I am still fighting with the lift on my jeep. sniff
I get irritated when I purchase something and I am told that "everything you need is in that kit" only to find out that, the hell it is.
Do I dare tally this shit all up?
$1300 for the lift-- this was not the cheapest lift but far from the most expensive. Remember too, this was "Everything I need"
So now onto what else I apparently have to get to make the kit that had "everything I need" work so that my Jeep doesn't vibrate or try to toss me out of it when it hits a bump.
Adjustable front track bar $250
Adjustable rear track bar $200
Drop pitman arm $70-80
Drag link (maybe) $200
Slip Yoke Eliminator and CV drive shaft with installation $1100
Adjustable upper rear control arms to go with SYE $250
Hat to cover the bald spots on my head from me pulling out my hair $25
Seriously, had I known I would have had to go through all this... I likely would still have done it, but I would really have thought about it more! And been less surprised.
For those of you who think I didn't research this shit before jumping in, kiss my ass, you know who you are. I am one of those that goes over decisions like this for weeks if not months. I have been contemplating lifting my jeep ever since I got it and have been looking at what it takes to do it. I have visited forums and blogs and websites dedicated to it, I talked to the guy I ordered from multiple times, I was assured that this kit would do it. I can't blame him too much though. I noticed in the catalog (I ordered online and on the phone) that there are the lovely superscript numbers and of course they tell me that I "might" need the other stuff I am now getting. Sad for me, the site didn't include the same notes. My fault, I own it.
Beyond random issues people have this looked pretty straight forward. But of course, as usual, I had to get the one that wanted to be a pain in the ass. Damn Prima Donna. lol still loves me jeep though.
So a $1300 lift is going to cost much closer to $4000. Oh well, not much I can do about it now. I can keep it like it is and drive an unsafe jeep or fix it. Guess I'll fix it.

Maybe next time I'll just do it this way


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn it! Where did you sneak this snap shot of my ride! X help him pimp his ride!

Post a Comment