Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

7/01/2009

Duran-catur

Posted by vanashke001

So my good buddy Jason and I made a trip to Las Vegas today to go and pick up my parts for Noobie. Have I mentioned how excited I am about lifting him? hootie hoo!
So, anyhoo, Jason is a lifesaver as that I had originally hoped to get these parts a couple weeks ago with my other good friend Carie. I decided to order from 4WD Hardware and just pick it them up in Vegas instead of shipping them to my house. Sure they had free ground shipping (that always seems to take the same amount of time that it would if I walked to their warehouse in L.A.) but there was also an extra fee of $25 just because me stuff was good sized. So I figured why, I will save money by going down with Carie, who was going down anyway and she had a pickup, but alas, that was not meant to be since they didn't have the parts in the local warehouse. I went down with Carie still to visit friends but returned empty handed. sad.
There went my money and time saving strategy. But friend Jason came to the rescue! His job has him driving to Vegas almost every day so I hitched a ride and off we went.
All went well until we were headed to the store.
"It's on Durango, we can just leap off the 215 and it's a few blocks away."
After leaping off and driving much more than a few blocks I started to get concerned.
"I swear to god we should have seen it by now."
"Are you sure we're on the right road?"
How dare he question me?! of course we we're. I glanced at the address, 4740. I look at the road sign at the intersection of Durango and Flamingo, 4100.
"it's just up another couple of blocks. There's a Home Depot on the right and it is right past it."
Drive, Drive, Drive. No Home Depot. WTF?
I look at the next intersection 2100. 2100! Oh shit we missed it!
"Uh Jason, I don't know how I missed it but we passed it."
"Seriously?"
"yeah, sorry man."
Turned around and headed back. Again he has the nerve to ask me, "is this the right road?"
"Yes." I say calmly through gritted teeth. Jesus how can he doubt me like that? I have been reading for a long time now. sheesh.
Went through Flamingo then Tropicana, WTF now we're past where it should have been!
I look at the paper, "Seriously, what the hell, it's right here 4740 s Duran-catur, uhm, yah, Decatur." Son. of. a. bitch.
"What'd you say? Did I just hear Durangatur?"
"Maybe, Shut up!"
Yes, children, I took him down the wrong street. Curses! I hate being wrong. Fortunately Jason is the forgiving type and he only mentioned oh, all the way home.
"I can't believe we spent 20 minutes on the wrong road.
"Wow, up and down the wrong road--'it's on Durango I know it.
"Damn we could have been stuck in traffic heading home 40 minutes ago if we had been on the right road.
"Dang I can't stop eating these Durango chips!"
"Shut up man that doesn't even make sense!"

So after all that, we got to 4WD Hardware- just past Home Depot, at least I had that part right, and picked up my parts. Wheels are sooo nice. But guess what, missing shocks. GAH. But the guy promises to have them shipped to me by Friday. We shall see.
So for the next 2 days I will be wanting to put them on and can't cuz I will be working. Oh well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment