Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

6/03/2009

WTF Man?

Posted by vanashke001

Is there a dirth of blinker bulbs in this town? What is it with people here? My roommate and I feel that the good citizens of santa jorge seem to think that driving is more fun when you are kept on your toes via their refusal to use their turn signals. a la, Surprise! I'm gonna turn right in front of you. What is that? The other day I was behind this slow ass driver and I decided to just go around. I have been working on being more mellow as I drive to just "go with the flow" like the turtles in Finding Nemo. Not so long ago I was on the continuing search to find the most expedient and traffic free route home. No matter how circuitous and longer in mileage it may be. I justified it by thinking, "Hey, it's only 3 miles longer but it's 2 minutes shorter and I only hit 1 roundabout, 2 stop signs and 1 light." But then in an effort to better myself I take a more direct but traffic heavy route and just chill. Then along comes slowy-slowpoke. I didn't speed, I didn't rage, I just mosied on around him. But, Surprise! he switched lanes. Right in front of me. I had to stand on the brakes to miss him. no signal, no response when I honked and locked up. Whatever. I'm casual, I can deal with this. But, then again, he goes no faster. No one is in front of him, so I change lanes (signaling first mind you) and just as I start to draw up to his bumper, Wham, there he goes again. Still no signal, still no reaction. This asshat did this 3 times! I am no longer so mellow. I still take that way home but now I'm back on edge. So many people here do this type of thing. The main perpetrator; old people. Oh, and asians and hispanics. I am not ageist or racist. But I am shitty driverist. It just fucks me off. What is the deal with roadblocking, cutting in, cutting off, no blinker, constant horn blowing, red light running, blocking the intersection, passing in the turn lane, tailgating, and all around asshole driving? This is not a large metro area. We are in bumblefuck Utah for Christ's sake! In vegas you can expect lights to last for most of an i-pod playlist. Here, it'll change before the end of a commercial break. God, get over it, you're at a light. It'll change. But you go right on ahead, buttmunch. I'll just see you at the next light. sphincter.
Peace

0 comments:

Post a Comment