Noobies VÜ

random mutterings and musings by me, myself, and I.

6/24/2009

Whew and WOO HOO!

Posted by vanashke001

So I was perusing my order through 4WD Hardware to see if my stuff was anywhere near to arriving. Well no. And that's what I was afraid of. BUT Silver lining!
I happened to notice that I had inadvertantly clicked on the wrong part for my intake. It was for a 2005! NOOOOO!
I called and asked to see if there was a difference. "You bet", I was told. AUUGGHHHH!
Well, the guy I talked to (I shall call him Adam, since he told me to) fixed it up for me and corrected my boo boo. He did say that I will have to wait another week for it to come in now. *sigh* but at least it will be the right one and I won't have to pay any fees to correct it. AND (here it comes) whilst chatting with him I mentioned my lamented wheels and having to wait well over a month if I was to order them (trying to make myself feel better about waiting another week for my other parts). He asked me which ones.
"sidebiter 15x8," I replied. (see image below)
*clickity clickity* went his keyboard keys
"I can have those in at the same time as your intake system." He said.
"WWHHHHHAAAAATT!?" I calmly asked. "I thought they were on back order."
"They were, just barely got some in to Denver and the guy who ordered them canceled his order."
"NO way!" says I.
"You want them?"
"Psh, no.
"I mean, HELL yes!"
*clickity clackity* "They'll be here the same time your intake will be."
And Voila, I now have my wheels coming in next week too! NEXT WEEK!
Thank you Adam you are a Prince among men! And I don't mean the guy who went by some unpronouncable symbol for a decade or so.
I have had an issue before with 4WD Hardware if I am to be honest, but I'll tell you this totally made up for it!

1 comments:

Mama Tan said...

I was on the edge of my seat, reading the continuing saga of your wheels and shit. When will the next installment be, this is almost as good as following Weeds. Almost but no tomato. xoxo

Post a Comment